- What is BLEep Beacon Management System (BMS)
- What can BLEep BMS do?
- Does the mobile app need to have a constant data (internet) connection?
- Are there APIs for BLEep BMS and where can I get them?
- Is BLEep BMS beacon agnostic?
- Can BLEep BMS be integrated with s BLEep BMS beacon agnostic?
BLEep BMS works on a trigger and action pairing system; for example, you want to welcome a user / potential customer with an alert (push notification) when they're 1 meter away from a beacon which you've placed at the entrance of your store.
Trigger: User is 1 meter away from beacon
Action: Alert (push notification) with your defined content (i.e. Welcome to XYZ store).
There is not limit to how many triggers and actions you can load up per beacon but we recommend prudence in this matter as it may come across as spam.
BLEep BMS is also packed with an analytics module and mapping module. Schedule a demo today with our experts!
Updated on 26th September 2014
- Application Management
Admins can create an iOS and/or Android profile to sync with BMS via a self-generated API key.
- Beacon Management
Admins can add beacons with the provided UUID, Major and Minor. BLEep BMS is beacon agnostic and we encourage you to add in non-BLEep specific beacons like Estimote and Kontakt.
- Distance upper limit (meters): Specifics the upper bound of the distance range that the mobile app will trigger the action.
- Distance lower limit (meters): Specifies the lower bound of the distance range that the mobile app will trigger the action.
- Time interval (weeks/days/hours/mins/secs): Specifies time interval after which the mobile app will treat the beacon as new, this is to ensure that the mobile phone doesn't keep responding to the same beacon (i.e. mobile app should only be able to receive a new coupon code every 24 hours)
- Time duration (mins/secs): Specifies the time duration for a mobile app has been in range of the beacon before triggering action.
- Event Type: The Entry type triggers actions when mobile app is in range. The Continuous type triggers actions repeatedly when mobile app is in range. The Exit type triggers actions when mobile app goes out of range.
- Date range (days/months/years): Specifies the date range for triggers and actions to work
- Time range (00:00am/00:00pm): Specifies the time range for triggers and actions to work
- Response Type (Static/Live): Static type allows the mobile app to use pre-downloaded (cached) triggers and actions without needing an active data (internet) connection. Live type requires mobile app to have active data (internet) connection for triggers and actions to work - this guarantees triggers and actions are up to date and nullifies inaccurate time settings in mobile phone.
- Alert: Serves an alert when mobile app is in the foreground and a push notification when it is in background/closed.
- Image: Serves an image when triggered.
- Audio: Streams audio from internet when triggered
- Video: Streams video from internet when triggered
- Web View: Opens up an in-app web page when triggered
- URL View: Opens a URL which isn't necessarily a web page. i.e. Mobile app will open youtube links if the user has the youtube app installed.
- Launch: Enables mobile phone to execute complex commands by using Apple URL actions and Android intents. For instance, it can open Mail, dial a number, start composing an SMS to a number, open Google Maps to search for user input, etc
- Custom: Open for developers to create any custom action types.
Admins are able to plot their beacons on a blueprint or image of a map via X'Y coordinates.
Basic: Date and time range filter with logs (captures user name, time in, time out, OS, SDK version and device info), number of triggers and average dwell time
History: Date range filter with how many triggers per beacon and how many triggers per mobile app.
Maps: Real time view of triggers at each beacon.
Does the mobile app need to have a constant data (internet) connection?
No, not necessarily. The mobile app can have intermittent data (internet) connection as it will cache the last synced triggers and actions within the app. Please take a look at the data flow.
Are there APIs for BLEep BMS and where can I get them?
BLEep BMS is built in a modularly open manner and can be integrated with any ERP and/or CRM system. We have a invitation-only beta program where we'll share with you our open APIs
Contact us for it today!
Is BLEep BMS beacon agnostic?
Yes it is. If there're any beacons that we do not support. Please contact us immediately and we'll add them in the next 1-2 weeks.